Your purchase is our promise — Glacier National Park preservation. Proceeds from the auction will help fund everything from historic preservation and research to youth education and wildlife studies programs that protect our Park for today’s travelers and generations to come.
Live Auction items will be announced soon. If you would like to donate an auction item please contact Linda, 406-892-3250 or email@example.com
Our auctioneer for the 2018 Live Auction will be Karen Sorbo. As one of the Premier Benefit Auctioneers, Karen Sorbo’s dedication to her profession, its purpose, and results, has impacted organizations in the United States, Mexico, and Hong Kong. Since graduating from the World Wide College of Auctioneering in 1993, She has orchestrated and conducted over 2600 auctions, raising over 700 million dollars for deserving organizations.
Karen is a long-standing member of the National Association of Auctioneers (NAA), conducting numerous educational seminars during the tenure of her membership.
2017 LIVE AUCTION PACKAGES
Glacier Conservancy Board Members' Wine Package
- A bottle of wine from each board member with their Glacier story.
Day in the Field with Grizzly Bear Biologist Tim Manley
- Excursion for up to two people volunteering with Tim for a day to assist in grizzly bear research.
2018 MLB All Star Baseball in Washington DC
- Two tickets for the MLB All Star Game in July 2018 at Nationals Park, Washington DC, including the Futures Game, Celebrity Softball and Home Run Derby.
- Three nights at a four-star hotel in downtown DC
- $1,000 in American Express gift cards
Two Delta Coach Tickets to Anywhere in the World
- Travel must be completed within 331 days of booking date; must be redeemed by date listed on certificate; tickets are round-trip to a single destination and are not upgradable by cash or miles
- Five nights in the Manhattan Club, New York City, based upon availability
Green Valley Ranch Package
- Three nights for up to 16 guests in the main lodge; Valid Jan 20 - April 30, 2018
- Star party for up to 20 guests, hosted by the Big Sky Astronomy Club
- Meade EclipseView 114 Reflecting Telescope
- John Ashley Night Skies book and canvas-wrapped Night Skies photos
NFL FOX Show with Howie Long
- Round-trip airfare for two to Los Angeles; minimum 30 day advance notice required
- Two nights at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel
- Two passes to the NFL on FOX pre-game show, must be 15 years or older; expires Jan 2018
Lewis and Clark Tour with Larry & Callie Epstein
- A walk back in time for up to 10 people along a portion of the trail Lewis and Clark traveled in Montana accompanied by ntaionally recognized historian, Larry Epstein.
Ruby River Fly Fishing Trip
- Two nights of lodging on the Woodson Ranch
- One and a half days of fishing for four guests on private streams
- Personally guided by GNPC Executive Director Doug Mitchell
"Rising Star" Quilt
- A king size quilt with colorful constellations
THANKS TO OUR 2018 SILENT AUCTION DONORS:
Please visit their websites by clicking on their names
Bed Bath & Beyond
Belton Chalets, Inc.
Big Sky Astronomy Club
Bonnie & Bick Smith
Cathy and Mo Stein
Chamberlain's Leather Milk
Chris Baskin Pottery
Clean Cut Tree Landscaping
Columbia Mountain Woodworks
Dancing Bear Designs
Dancing Spirit Ranch
Far Country Press
Field Guide Designs
Fire Tower Coffee
Flathead Fish & Seafood Co.
Flathead Lake Brewing Company & Pubhouse
Fred Frank Photography
Glacier Guides & Montana Raft
Glacier Park Boat Co.
Glacier Raft Co.
Glacier Restaurant Group
Great Northern Powder Guides
Great River Art
Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop
Heidi Marie Faessel
Hockaday Museum of Art
Izaak Walton Inn
Kent & Sharon Rollins
Kevin Porto Photography
Kwik Tek Inc.
Laughing Horse Lodge
Linda Clark Interior Design
Lookout Pass Ski & Recreation Area
Medi-Lift Spa and Body Solutions
Montana Fly Co.
Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply
Mystery Ranch Backpacks
New Braunfels Smokehouse
Nature Cast Metalworks
Old Sun Knits
Owl Research Institute
Radiate Portable Campfire
Robert Graves Photography
Rockfish Climbing & Fitness Center
Shelle Lindholm Art
Spring Brook Ranch
Star Hotels London
Stumptown Art Studio
Super 1 Foods Whitefish
Swan Mountain Outfitters
Tender Loving Empire
Tee Pees from Rattlesnake Crossing
Ten Mile Creek Brewery
The Good Stuff Botanicals
The Green Glass Co.
The Hawthorn Bottle Shop
The Pigment Project
Valerie McIntyre Photography
Victorinox Swiss Army
Western Folklife Center
Whitefish Liquor Store
Whitefish Theater Co.
Whistling Andy Distillery
Check out what guests are saying about the Backpacker’s Ball:
We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend The Backpackers Ball as a really fun date night. Beautiful venue with informative park displays, opportunities for one-on-one ranger talks, and we even got to meet Gracie the Bark Ranger!
Good band, the food and drink were great and the auction was amazing. By far the best quantity and quality of fun and unique goods, services and experiences we’ve ever seen at a charity auction - there was truly something for everybody. Personally, we discovered a new Montana artist (TeshiaArt) and were thrilled to win one of her prints in the silent auction. We had a blast contributing in the live auction as well and couldn’t have asked for a nicer evening under the stars. We can’t wait to attend our next Backpackers Ball this summer.
Tim & Kerry Mushkin