Reach the park at (406) 888-7800. Phones are generally staffed Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
PARKING & ROAD CONDITIONS
Road conditions in Glacier can change quickly. Before you set out, check the current road conditions.
Get up to date parking and road status updates on the park's Twitter feed.
Webcams are located throughout the park to help you plan for the current conditions.
HELPFUL PLANNING TOOLS
- If you have one day, one week or one month, trip itineraries will help you plan your time
- Directions, transportation, and maps
- Get the details on every hike in the park from Hike734
- Lodging and red bus tours in the park are offered by Glacier National Park Lodges
- Additional bus tours are offered by Sun Tours
- Guided hikes, fishing, and rafting is offered by Glacier Guides & Montana Raft
- Guided horseback rides and pack services are offered by Swan Mountain Outfitters
- Boat tours throughout the park are offered by Glacier Park Boat Company
- Educational programs are offered by the Glacier Institute
HOW TO SEE GLACIER WITHOUT A CAR
If you're traveling to the area without a vehicle, or just want to let someone else do the driving and avoid looking for a parking space on a busy day, there are plenty of options.
Once you arrive at either the Apgar Visitor Center on the west side or the St. Mary Visitor Center on the east side, you can take the free Going-to-the-Sun Road Shuttle from July 1 through Labor Day, or take a tour on a red bus or with Sun Tours.
Glacier Park Express Shuttle: Runs from Whitefish to the Apgar Visitor Center four times daily.
East Side Shuttle: Runs between Glacier Park Lodge, Two Medicine, and St. Mary Lodge. From St. Mary Lodge, you can transfer to the free park shuttle on the Going-to-the-Sun Road or transfer to a Xanterra shuttle to visit Many Glacier.
By bicycle: Park your car at Glacier Guides in West Glacier and rent a bicycle to ride the 1.5-mile bicycle trail (all downhill!) to the Apgar Visitor Center. It's also half the cost to enter the park on bike or foot than in a vehicle.
Once in the park, there are two guided tour bus options in addition to the free shuttle. Both companies also offer pickup locations outside the park gates.