GLACIER NATIONAL PARK CONSERVANCY’S
GRANITE PARK CHALET GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL RULESGlacier National Park Conservancy (or “Sponsor”) is pleased to introduce the Granite Park Chalet Giveaway (the “Promotion”).
- The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on August 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. MST on December 15, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
- Winner will be announced on or around December 20, 2018.
- Winner must select a date between July 15, 2019 and September 1, 2019 for their one-night stay at the Granite Park Chalet by January 1, 2019. Once set, this date cannot be changed. If the winner does not select a date by January 15, 2019, they will lose their prize.
- Giveaway prize is non-transferable.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to individuals who: (i) are eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction at the time of entry; (ii) are legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding any territories of the United States); and (iii) at all times abide by these Official Rules and requirements contained herein. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Officers, directors, members, managers, employees, representatives, and agents of Sponsor and each of its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, fulfillment agencies, and any other companies associated with the design or execution of the Promotion (the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their Immediate Family Members and Household Members (as defined below) are not eligible to participate in or win the Promotion. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean spouse, parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings or step-siblings and each of their spouses regardless of where they reside. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year.
- DRAWING: The Promotion is comprised of one (1) Drawing. When an eligible entry is received during the Promotion Period it will automatically create an entry into the Drawing.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
HOW TO ENTER: Eligible individuals may enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period as follows:
- Website Method of Entry. Visit the Glacier National Park Conservancy website at https://glacier.org/. Upon your visit a Promotion pop-up box will appear. Within the pop-up box, a link to these Official Rules will appear. After you have read and agree to these Official Rules select the box that states “I have read and agree to the Official Rules,” enter your email address, and click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- You may also enter via other designated internet destinations or web pages that contain the entry form where you will be prompted to enter your name and email address and read and agree to these Official Rules select the box that states “I have read and agree to the Official Rules,” and click on the “SUBMIT” button. All entries must be received before the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate in the Promotion.
- Mail-In Method of Entry. On an 8.5” x 11” paper, legibly print or type the following information:
- First and last name;
- Residential address;
- Email address for contact and notification purposes; and
- Phone number for contact and notification purposes.
- WINNER SELECTION: During the Promotion Period, Sponsor (or Sponsor’s designee) will conduct one (1) random Drawing using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, to select one (1) potential Drawing Prize winner during the corresponding Drawing Entry Period. This Drawing will take place on or around December 18, 2018 at 4:00:00 p.m. MST. Winner will be announced on or around December 20, 2018.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION:Within fifteen (15) days of the Drawing, the potential winner will be notified by email to the email address provided upon entry. All decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Promotion, including, without limitation, decisions related to its selection and determination of the potential winner of this Promotion shall be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal. The potential winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and/or other related documents (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”), each in the form provided by Sponsor. If a potential winner is not able to be contacted by Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days following the date notice or attempted notice is sent, declines the Prize, fails to return the Prize Claim Documents, as applicable, does not complete the verification process within seven (7) calendar days, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules or the instructions of Sponsor, the Prize may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be forfeited and/or awarded to an alternate potential winner. All decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Promotion, including, without limitation, decisions related to Sponsor’s selection and determination of the potential winner of the Drawing, shall be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal. Giveaway prize is non-transferable.
- WINNERS/PRIZE:The Prize and its approximate retail value (“ARV”) are as follows:
Drawing Prize. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Drawing Prize winner will be awarded:
- Two (2) spots, for winner and a guest, for a one (1) night stay in one room at the Granite Park Chalet in Glacier National Park, Montana, United States.
- A 7.6 mile guided hike on the Highline Trail with hiking guide Jake Bramante.
The ARV of a one night stay for two guests in the same room at the Granite Park Chalet is one hundred eighty-eight dollars ($188.00). The ARV of a guided hike with Jake Bramante is five hundred dollars ($500.00). The total ARV of the Granite Park Chalet Giveaway is six hundred eighty-eight dollars ($688.00).WINNER MUST SELECT A DATE BETWEEN JULY 15, 2019 AND SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 BY JANUARY 1, 2019. IF A DATE IS NOT SELECTED BY JANUARY 1, 2019, THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED. IN THE CASE OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE JAKE BRAMANTE IS NOT AVAILABLE TO GUIDE THE HIKE, ANOTHER GUIDE WILL BE PROVIDED. WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FOOD AND BEVERAGE EXPENSES. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND FEES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. ALL OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO ANY PRIZE NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AND OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE ARE ALSO THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. ANY REQUIRED TAX REPORTING FORMS WILL BE FURNISHED TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES. WINNERS MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAX ID FOR TAX REPORTING PURPOSES IF SPONSOR IS REQUIRED TO FILE AN IRS FORM 1099 WITH THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE FOR THE FAIR MARKET VALUE OF A PRIZE AWARDED AND ACCEPTED.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of each Drawing.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Each winner is a potential winner until verified by Sponsor. Eligible entrants may only win one (1) Prize during the Promotion Period. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. Winning a Prize is contingent upon accepting these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. All Prize details are at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor and any depiction of Prizes, in Promotion materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. There will be no transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, replacement or cash equivalent for a Prize. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Prize winner or a potential winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if the Prize is unclaimed, the Prize will be forfeited. Any forfeited Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS:PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY AND THE RECEIPT AND/OR USE OF THE PRIZE OFFERED IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THE INHERENT HAZARDS, DANGERS AND RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH HIKING, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: INJURIES RECEIVED FROM EQUIPMENT OR RECEIVED FROM OTHER’S USE OF EQUIPMENT; INJURIES FROM ENCOUNTERS WITH WILDLIFE AND/OR INSECTS; INJURIES FROM EXPOSURE TO SUN, WIND, WEATHER AND/OR OTHER NATURAL ELEMENTS OR ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY GUIDE CONNECTED WITH ANY HIKING EXPERIENCE; RAPID MEDICAL ATTENTION AND/OR EMERGENCY RESPONSE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE; AND THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF SUCH ACTIVITIES, AND ENTRANTS ASSUME THESE RISKS AND DANGERS. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN AIR, LAND AND SEA TRAVEL, INCLUDING POTENTIAL PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE USE OF PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW THAT THE SPONSOR AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH. SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR AND ADVERTISING PARTICIPANTS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF PRIZE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE. All travel related expenses, including but not limited to, airfare and ground transportation to/from joining and finishing points, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, fees, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, luggage fees, departure taxes, hotel, resort or property fees, food & beverage expenses not included with prize package and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner is responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation, including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. Winner is responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that he/she may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit may be required at any time for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the Prize). Restrictions may apply. If weather or other incident or conditions beyond the control of the Sponsor affects the ability for winner to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotel, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. If for any reason whatsoever, winner is unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. In the event a winner engages in behavior that, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the winner home with no further obligation. In the event a winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner as a result of such conduct.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge the Promotion Entities (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Released Parties”), from, against, and as to any and all third-party claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, injuries or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from or relate to the Promotion including without limitation, in connection with (i) the administration of the Promotion, including without limitation typographical, printing, seeding, technical malfunctions, or other errors (human or otherwise) relating to or in connection with the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of any Prizes or any related materials, inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, damaged or postage due entries or mail, or any delays in delivery of Prize or Prize materials, and/or (ii) your participation in this Promotion or acceptance or use of any Prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to your or any other person’s computer system, mobile device or tablet which is occasioned by participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, mobile device, tablet, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, in which case the liability of the Released Parties will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein or by any event beyond their control, including, but not limited to, a force majeure, fire, flood, epidemic or other national health emergency, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared,) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, public health crisis, or other cause not reasonably within their control, then they shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Promotion. In the event that the Promotion is terminated, cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the Prizes will be awarded to the extent required by law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers in any way with any part of the Promotion and/or who submits a fraudulent entry or an entry not otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any element thereof. Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be (i) acting in violation of these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, entering or attempting to enter the Promotion through the use of any robotic or automated devices; or (ii) with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion; or (iii) otherwise acting in violation of the Glacier Park Conservancy Terms and Conditions, available at https://glacier.org/terms-and-conditions/. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the Official Rules or any provision hereof.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: You agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, these Official Rules or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, these Official Rules or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Montana State Court located in Helena, Montana; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but will in no event include attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, in which case the liability of the Sponsor and Released Parties will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Montana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Montana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Montana.
- EXTENDED MEANINGS; CURRENCY: Unless otherwise specified in these Official Rules, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa and words importing gender include all genders. All dollar amounts referred to in these Official Rules are in lawful money of the United States of America.
- OPT-OUT: If you do not wish to receive any marketing emails or further notices from the Sponsor regarding promotional offerings, please click on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the corresponding email. Please allow for five (5) business days to be removed from the mailing list.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS’ LIST: Official Rules are available at https://glacier.org/giveaway-official-rules. You may obtain a copy of the Winners’ List by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Glacier National Park Conservancy, Attn: “Granite Park Chalet Giveaway Winner Request,” Glacier National Park Conservancy, P.O. Box 2749, Columbia Falls, MT 59912. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months after the completion of the Promotion Period.
- SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by Glacier National Park Conservancy, P.O. Box 2749, Columbia Falls, MT 59912. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed only to Sponsor.