As the Reynolds Creek Fire continues on the east side of the Going to the Sun Road this evening, we’d like to share some updates for anyone traveling in the area. Officials at Glacier National Park report that fire conditions and forecasted winds have prompted additional precautionary evacuations of the St. Mary area within the the park including the St. Mary Visitor Center and National Park Service administrative area. Evacuations for areas adjacent to the park boundary were ordered by the Glacier County Sheriff and Blackfeet Emergency Services.
The entire west side of the park and the Flathead Valley, as well as Two Medicine and Many Glacier on the east side of the park are not currently affected by the fire. There is no visible smoke and businesses are open.
- The Going to the Sun Road from Apgar to The Loop
- Free Park Shuttles are running between the Apgar Visitor Center and The Loop
- Two Medicine & Many Glacier Valleys
- Village Inn, Lake McDonald Lodge, Many Glacier Hotel and Swiftcurrent Motor Inn
- All West Glacier businesses
- Backcountry permits are still being issued at Many Glacier, Two Medicine, Apgar and Polebridge
- The Going to the Sun Road from Big Bend to St. Mary
- Gunsight Trail Pass, Highline Trail and Red Eagle Trail, Piegan Pass Trail (beyond Feather Plume Jct. in Many Glaicer)
- All trails originating on the Going to the Sun Road in the closed areas
- Rising Sun Inn and Campground
- St. Mary Campground
- Logan Pass & St. Mary Visitor Centers
For the most up to date information, follow Glacier National Park on Facebook or Twitter where they are using the hashtag #ReynoldsCreekFire. Before visiting the park, please visit the pages below as conditions could change rapidly.